A Practitioner Is Not A Wizard
After three rings, I picked up the phone. A young woman’s voice said, “May I speak to Allen White?” “This is he,” I said. She went on to say, “I am a ballet dancer. Next week I’m entering a ballet competition. I don’t know exactly what it is that you do, but can you pray for me to win?”
I remember this, because it was my first call as a Practitioner. Mind you, I was new at this, and it wasn’t the type of call I was expecting. As she was talking, I thought, “This young lady thinks practitioners are wizards of some sort. Does she want me to put a spell on the judges? What the heck is going on here?”
The Outcome Of Truth-Focused Prayer
“Miss,” I said, “I can’t do that. That’s not what I do.” Then I explained, “You are not the dancer. God is. It is God dancing and moving as you. Therefore, your dancing is flawless, effortless, graceful and uninhibited. By its very God-nature, your movements are perfect and beautiful. They are God’s beauty in living action. This is the Truth that I know to be your reality.”
“But, will I win?” she asked. Because I have competed in many piano competitions, I understood her anxiety. Winning a competition means more opportunities. It means being placed in the best venues to showcase your ability, and make more money.
As far as winning, I said, “I cannot guarantee that you will win, but I can assure you that the outcome of Truth-focused prayer will be more expansive than merely winning a competition.”
You Don’t Need To Compete, And Here’s Why
Whether it appears to be artistic or business competition, here’s how to operate above the fray of competition. Keep in mind that everything following this sentence is based on the Fundamental Fact of Existence: There is one Infinite, Indivisible Presence – God – which is never in competition with Itself.
In Matters Of Business
- All business is God being busy. Business, by nature, is infinite, universal, and impersonal. There is no personal business.
- One business may appear to be a food service business, while another may appear to be a clothing retail business. Regardless of how material they seem to be, they both are the One Infinite, Indivisible Presence being busy.
- Two so-called business owners may have the same kind of business in the same block, but because they are both the One Presence that is not in competition with Itself. They both can thrive.
- One business may be similar to another business, but each business by nature is unique. No one can duplicate your business.
- Business is God’s Completion in living action. If you are a business owner, stay mindful of the fact that despite all appearances, your business is right now, and always, complete. Because of this Truth, no business need have less for another to have more. Each is complete within itself.
In Matters Of Artistic Expression
- Do you want to be fulfilled as an artist? Stop comparing yourself to others. It’s an awful practice based on the lie of duality.
- Perfection is the reality of every artist and their manner of expression. Remember, all activity is God being active. If you are in a dance, piano or other competition, see it for what it really is: God’s showcase of Perfection.
- Every artist is a unique variation of divine Perfection. There’s no such thing as better or worse.
- No artist is dependent on the results of a competition for better opportunities. If you are an artist, remember that you are God’s Completeness in living action. Every artist includes the talent as well as the fulfilling opportunities to express that talent.