The desire to have, do, and be more in the new year is the engine that drives New Years resolutions. Did you make any? Are you thinking about making some? Put down the pen! Today, Absolutely Yours is offering you an anxiety-free and more fulfilling alternative to making New Years resolutions. Here it is. CELEBRATE YOUR SPIRITUAL MILESTONES.
Believe me. You do have some to celebrate, and once you acknowledge these milestones and deem them worthy of some sort of celebration, there will be plenty more. That’s a promise.
Right now, you are probably wondering what constitutes a spiritual milestone. To jump-start your own thinking, here is a list of possible “milestones.”
- Facing down a fear knowing God is All.
- The moment you realized that people, places, conditions and things have no power over your success, happiness, health and well-being.
- Any spiritual insight that has changed your outlook and behavior in such a way that it is more consistent with God being the only Presence and Power.
- Finally starting a consistent practice of God-focused silent prayer.
- Forgiving someone, or coming to that place where you are willing to forgive.
- Realizing your Body is included in the Allness of God as a spiritual presence.
- Finally understanding that time and so-called years have no power over your health and Body.
- The day you stopped comparing yourself to others because you realized there are no others.
- Your first experience of illumination (or the most recent one).
- The day you realized because Joy is your nature, you can let go of grief and depression.
- The day you finally gave up the fear of calling a Practitioner to help you see the nothingness of that seeming problem.
- That victorious moment when you made a decision to take a spiritual, rather than human, approach to a seeming difficulty.
- The so-called healing that resulted in perceiving the Truth that God is all.
This is not an exhaustive list. I’m sure you can think of many more to add.
After you have taken some time to list your Spiritual Milestones (this is not something you can rush through), the next step is to celebrate them.
Whether you list one or one hundred, your Spiritual Milestone(s) deserves to be celebrated. I am urging you to take some time to think about a way, or ways, you can celebrate them. I know you are not planning a wedding, but your milestone is important. It doesn’t have to include others, but it does have to be honored and celebrated.
You know how most New Years resolutions made in January never live to see February? Spiritual Milestones, celebrated, have a life-long effect. Try it and see. I’m leaving you alone now to make your list.